Thursday 21 February 2013

1 Week Detox

It was last week when Kate said she wanted to do a 1 week detox. I agreed to show my support and do it too. She's read more about it than me, my understanding of it is this:
  • No Dairy
  • No Wheat
  • No Sugar
  • No Caffeine

-->

 We're now 4 days in. We started on Monday. We started preparations on Sunday, with a trip to the supermarket and filled up on fruit and veg. We picked up a steamer while we were there. Oh, and a garlic crusher. We were 100% committed to doing this!

Monday and Tuesday we had Salmon, Wednesday Chicken.

Monday's Salmon was grilled (topped with lemon juice and garlic), served on a bed of spinach with asparagus and avocado.

Tuesday's Salmon was steamed, topped with dill and a squeeze of lemon, served with brown basmati rice.

Wednesday's Chicken was a pasta dish, with 'free from' pasta. 

We're allowed white meat and fish, but apparently it's good practice to go totally vegetarian for 1 day of the week. So, today was the day. I wasn't ready sooner, haha. I made a vegetable curry.

Breakfast so far this week has been omelette (we're allowed as many eggs as we like).

I've eaten more fruit than ever before!

It's recommended to snack on fruit or nuts in the event we get peckish (peckish? try famished!)

We must drink at least 2 litres of water each day. I haven't been measuring my intake so unsure if I've reached this quota daily, but have been drinking lots of hot water & lemon and a variety of herbal teas.

Considering what our diet was like before this week, we've surprised ourselves with our fidelity. A lots been learned and I'm hoping this is the start of a much healthier lifestyle for us.

The next challenge is getting the kids involved! haha (good luck with that!)

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment