Sunday 24 February 2013

Porridge

I tried porridge today! For the first time ever! That's right, I have survived 37 years without this globby substance which everyone tells me is soooo good for me. That is, I don't think I've ever tried it before. If I have I certainly don't remember, so I thought it was about time I gave it a go.


First impressions, it's OK. It's certainly palatable. The best thing about it is I made it in a pan with water, which tasted a bit boring, so now I'm thinking of all the different ways I can liven it up without adding sugar.

There must be hundreds of different preferences of making porridge around the world. I'd be really interested in hearing your favourites.

I think I'll be enjoying porridge for breakfast from now on and I could kick myself for not giving it a fair go earlier, but it looks so horrible!

I have a question. Bearing in mind I bought the Tesco Value bag in case I didn't like it and this cost me 60p, what's the difference between this and the other stuff on the shelf which was 3 quid? Surely oats is oats!

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment